[openrtm-users 00360] First install, first problem

Calisi@DIS daniele.calisi @ dis.uniroma1.it
2008年 2月 8日 (金) 14:29:06 JST

Dear OpenRTM ML users,
I have some problem after having installed your OpenRTM. I installed
using the tar.gz on a Linux Kubuntu 64bit machine.
Everything is OK (./configure, make, sudo make install) but when I try
to run the example SimpleIO, it does not work.

The first error message that I have when I type ./run.sh from SimpleIO
directory is:
Starting omniORB omniNames: skynet:9876
../../utils/rtm-naming/rtm-naming: 72: -start: not found

It seems that there is something wrong with the rtm-naming script.
$cosnames is empty, so the line
$cosnames -start $port -logdir $currdir &
results in
-start 9876 -logdir
/home/madmage/download/OpenRTM/OpenRTM-aist-0.4.1/examples/SimpleIO

then there is a second error message, I think from ConnectorComp (it
arrives after 5 seconds), and it is:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what(): std::bad_alloc

P.S.: should be fair, since you have a website also in english, to give
instructions about how confirm the registration to this ML also in
English. Thanks

--
Daniele Calisi
Dipartimento Informatica e Sistemistica