From: Calisi @ DIS [mailto:daniele.calisi @ dis.uniroma1.it]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 16:12
To: OpenRTM ML
Subject: [openrtm-users 00371] Lacking of rtc.conf

Hi all,
I am in the process of writing my first RTM service. After writing the
idl of the interface, generated code, wrote some printf here and there
and compiled, I run the server and a client. The problem is that they do
not appear to be registered in the name server, since RTC-Link do not
display them under the CORBA name server.

The problem was that there was no rtc.conf file in my directory. Just an
advice: to avoid someone else to be blocked with this problem, write
this somewhere in the documentation (or display some error message when
you launch the server or the client).

--
Daniele Calisi
Dipartimento Informatica e Sistemistica