[openrtm-users 01454] Re: RTコンポーネントリリース | New RT-Component release: RTC:HokuyoAist

Tony Kuo ikuo005 @ aucklanduni.ac.nz
2010年 11月 8日 (月) 18:32:01 JST

Dear Geoffrey and OpenRTM ML:

Actually I just started using the hokuyo_aist OpenRTM component in the
Gearbox project.

I quickly looked through the new RTC:HokuyoAist component,
it's very different to the one in Gearbox.

I wonder what was the reason behind this major change??

The link to download on the webpage (
http://www.openrtm.org/openrtm/ja/content/rtchokuyoaist-0)
is not correctly formated. Please check.

Another thing not so related is that,
I actually have been trying to write a component with a consumer service
port to link with the control port (provider service)
on the old hokuyo_aist component in Gearbox for the whole day today. But
have not had any success.

It should be quite straight forward, but I couldn't find out why it's not
connecting
I have code like this.
h:/
RTC::CorbaPort m_hokuyo_aistPort;
RTC::CorbaConsumer<hokuyo_aist_control> m_hokuyoPort;
cpp:/
onInitialize()
m_hokuyo_aistPort.registerConsumer("hokuyoPort", "hokuyo_aist_control",
m_hokuyoPort);
addPort(m_hokuyo_aistPort);

but whenever I call a function like below.
double tmp = m_hokuyoPort->GetStartAngle();

It throws an error complaining
omniORB: ERROR -- the application attempted to invoke an operation on a nil
reference.
Error in service port.

Do you know Is there anyway I can check the connection between service ports
after they are initialise ?
or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Tony