[openrtm-users 02818] component is_activated() via service interface

György Persa persa @ sztaki.hu
2013年 6月 19日 (水) 20:30:58 JST

Hello everyone,

In my project the order of components' activation is crucial. Meanwhile, we
have an on-line tool for connecting components, which uses random order
when activating components.
Because of that, I'm looking for a function, which is able to decide
whether the component(s) on the other end of a service port's interface is
activated or not. Does such a function exists? If so, how to call it via an
RTC::CorbaComsumer<> object, for instance?
I've investigated the "SimpleService" example as well but couldn't find
anything like this in the code. MyServiceConsumer doesn't check whether
MyServiceProvider is active or not. It just uses try-catch blocks to
identify inactive service provider.

Thanks in advance,
György Persa

--
Software engineer
Computer and Automation Research Institute