[openrtm-users 03072] Is RTC::TimedStringSequence to bytestream conversion a well defined function?

Attila Bernáth attila.bernath @ sztaki.hu
2014年 7月 23日 (水) 20:53:37 JST

Dear All,

I have the following problem. I generate some RTC::TimedStringSequence
data (say a1), then I serialize it into a byte stream (say b1) using
the cdrMemoryStream API. Then I convert this bytestream b1 back to a
RTC::TimedStringSequence variable (say a2): all is fine, the content
of a1 and that of b1 is the same as far as I can judge. But if I
convert a2 into a bytestream b2 again, then b1 and b2 differ
sometimes. Is this possible?

Valgrind says that some uninitialized memory area is copied into the
bytestreams: is this OK?

I can put together some minimal example, if needed.

Attila