[openrtm-users 02897] using dynamically created ports

György Persa persa @ sztaki.hu
2013年 8月 27日 (火) 20:27:52 JST

Hello everyone,

in my project I would like to create service ports dynamically, runtime and
connect them together. Is there any simple way to do this? Here's a short
overview of the exact problem what I encountered, I hope you can help me!

For this purpose, I designed an experiment for two test components. The
RTC#1 (DynamicPortTester in attachments) is instructing  RTC#2
(DynamicPortRecevier) for creating a new port and register a provider for
that.
[image: Inline image 1]
After that, RTC#2 sets up a port as well and connect it to RTC#1's newly
created port.
[image: Inline image 2]
My problem is that I'm unable to use the provided functions in RTC#2,
because the service is inactive (_non_existent()).
However, if I deactivate RTC#2 and activate it again, the service became
active and usable.  Also, if I add the port when creating the component or
in onInitialize(), it succeeds as well.

Is there a way to get an active service without deactivate & activate it?

Thanks in advance,
György Persa

György Persa
*Software engineer*
Institute for Computer Science and Control
Hungarian Academy of Sciences
3D Internet-based Control and Communications Research Laboratory / 3DICC
*Project VirCA* (www.virca.hu)