[openrtm-users 00851] Ports configuration

Cédric Pasteur cpasteur @ laas.fr
2009年 6月 29日 (月) 17:31:36 JST

Hi,
I am currently doing an internship at the the LAAS in Toulouse,
France, working on the new version of their module generator Genom. I
have created a system that makes it possible to use the same module
with multiple backends, one of them being openRTM. In order to achieve
this, I have to tweak the standard behaviour of ports in OpenRTM to
reflect the behaviour of modules in the previous genom version.

I am using OpenRTM v 1.0.0 RC1.

My goal is to have inports that  behave like proxies, ie only store
one value at a time and always overwrite the previous value on
updating. To achieve that, I want to modify the ports buffer.length
and buffer.full_policy properties. I tried a few syntax but none worked.
I found some doc in the Outportbase.h file but unfortunately it is in
Japanese (that i can't read).
What is the correct syntax ?

I also have a second question. Is it possible to have a callback when
an in port receives new data? onRead() is only called when the program
calls read(). Do i have to keep polling with isNew() in a separate
thread ?

Thank you in advance
Best regards

Cedric Pasteur,