[openrtm-users 01017] Re: About automatically components connection

Masayuki Shimizu masayuki.shimizu @ aist.go.jp
2009年 11月 18日 (水) 23:42:10 JST

Hello,

> Can I connect to each components automatically??

You can save port connections and restore them
by a simple mouse operation.
This function is provided by RtcLink.
Check the pop-up menu opened by right click
on the system diagram.

If you do not like it, you have to make a program.
But, port connection program may not be easy to
implement because you have to handle corba operations.

> Should I consider something in implementation step??

No. RT-Component implementation and port connection
are different issues.

> For example, "CORBA::OctetSeq m_indata" and
> "InPort<CORBA::OctetSeq>
> m_indataIn must be matched one by one??

Yes. Data type of a data port has to be
statically defined. Ports associated with
different data types cannot be connected.

> How can I connect some components to the others?? I
> want to connect N by M
> components.
> For example, Should I declare more variables for
> input and output??

Sorry, I do not understand the meaning of these questions.

Please give more detailed explanations.

Regards,

---
M. Shimizu