[openrtm-users 02707] Re: Fwd: [openrtm-beginners:00389] OpenHRP3 Questions

Kensuke Harada kensuke.harada @ aist.go.jp
2012年 11月 12日 (月) 11:29:37 JST

Hi,

I think that you had better ask this question at the OpenHRP web site.

First question. What advantage do i get using OpenHRP3 with ROS in
> special regarding gate control?

Many researchers are developing several application software such as
walking pattern generator and motion planner on OpenHRP. I think that,
if you consider developing such software, OpenHRP would be a good
platform. However, the walking pattern generator is not included in
the source package.

> Second question. I got a bit confused with the documentation on the
> OpenHRP3 website. I was able to create a controller and control a
> model however there are several topics that do not explain if they are
> related to a controller or just creating a simulation environment (as
> the Forward Kinematics and Inverse Kinematics one). Is there any place
> that i can find the source files that generated the examples? Any
> better documentation or tutorial? Lets say i am programming a
> controller and inside the controller i want to load the model i am
> controlling to perform inverse kinematics. Is that possible? When i
> load a body is it automatically included at my simulation or can i
> just use it as a data base to perform calculation?

You can refer

http://www.openrtp.jp/openhrp3/en/calc_model_3_1.html

Or, you can check the sample code of move_ankle.

> Third question, how do you guys generated the SamplePD joint positions
> and Velocities? ZMP based? Could you guys describe the algorithm used?

You have to prepare your own walking pattern generator.

Best,

--
Kensuke Harada, Dr., Eng.
Vision and Manipulation Research Group, Intelligent Systems Research