[openrtm-users 02330] rtc.conf

ostasse @ laas.fr ostasse @ laas.fr
2011年 11月 17日 (木) 00:42:03 JST

Dear all, I have a question regarding the proper way to provide information
to a RTC component. Reading the source code of openhrp-controller-bridge, it
seems that the author is going through a complicated pathway to read a
configuration file. He had to write a specific parser for the config file
(BrigeConf.cpp), and rewrote the initialization of the component in the main
procedure (main.cpp). However it is very simple to write the needed
information direclty inside rtc.conf, and after to use the properties given
the manager through getConfig(). Is it a bad practice to use rtc.conf to
convey data for a specific component ? For instance in my case, I wanted to
specify a directory where a set of data is stored. I just added:
fast-replanner.path = /path/to/directory to rtc.conf to retrieve it through
manager->getConfig().